A Foggy Commute

Do you ever feel like your not sure where you're going? What about when you can't see where you're going, should you go anyway? 



This was the beautiful mist over St. Ann's Bay on my way to the studio this morning. The sun was breaking though behind me and it turned out to be a lovely morning. It's hard to imagine the hills hiding behind this wall of fog. Then there are these....










The constant humidity and rain has produced a crop of various fungi in the yard. I can't tell you what they are (until I find a good book at least). I love the bright colors of the first two and the third merits mention for it's ability to pop up overnight to a generous size.

Comments

Piletossen said…
I can't tell you the name of the first two (well I could in Danish) but they are very toxic. The Vikings ate them to go berserk. This probably helped in making them feared where ever they came.
However don't try this at home ;-)
I think I would like to know the Danish names! I will admire them only and leave the eating to the bugs. Things are crazy enough around here.
Piletossen said…
The danisk name is rød fluesvamp - meaning red fly fungus (fly as in the bug)
They are quite pretty, and fortunately very easy to know so you don't confuse them with the eatable ones
Thanks Vivian! It continues to rain a stay cool here so I expect the lawn to be full of them.
Annie MacHale said…
You take such nice photos of the things that grow around you. These are terrific.

Popular Posts