The Dead of Winter

The freedictionary.com refers to it as the "middle of winter, when it is very cold and dark". I agree with that. There are exceptions " when it is very cold and sunny". Those are the days we love to snowshoe through the trails in St. Ann's Bay. We got to do a little of that on Saturday. It looked a lot like it did last year when I took this picture.


Today the sky was dull and produced some snow flurries to blur the edges even more. The pictures I took in the yard made me think of the phrase "the dead of winter". Don't get me wrong, I still think there is beauty in the winter garden.

                                                               Hollyhocks


Sunflowers


Poppies




The red maple




This last one is of St. Ann's Bay on the ferry trip across to Englishtown.




Things will look a lot brighter here tomorrow. I promise!


Comments

Popular Posts